Barcode Scanner is an open-source, multi-format 1D/2D barcode image processing library implemented in Java. Our focus is on using the built-in camera on mobile phones to photograph and decode barcodes on the device, without communicating with a server.
- Fixed custom search URL formatting
- Other applications can specify which camera to use
- Bug fixes
If your device is not scanning, first try workarounds for device bugs in Settings. Enable all of them, and then try disabling one at a time to determine which is necessary. If this does not help, try clearing the device cache and settings from Android settings.
If these still do not work and you believe there is an app problem, send a message with the following information. Messages without this information can’t be acted on, so are ignored.
- Device type
- A basic description of what does not work: crashes? does not scan? looks strange?
- Acknowledgement that you tried the steps above first
- A device log capture from when it starts