Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and docs readable, and saves them to OneNote. You can use Office Lens to convert images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitalize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Now you can convert your pictures to PDF files with selectable text, in addition to Word and PowerPoint files, and save them to OneDrive.
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed text will be automatically recognized (using OCR) so you can search for words in images and copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures are saved to your camera roll and also directly into OneNote, so you can see the images across all your devices.
- Choose to convert images to PDF (.pdf), Word (.docx), or PowerPoint (.pptx) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Office Lens requires logging in with your Microsoft Account.
Your Microsoft Account must be same as the one registered on your device.
(Update on December 2014)
- Business card mode: Introducing an experimental feature that lets you capture business cards and extract their contact information into OneNote. Contact information is also saved as a VCF file that you can open from OneNote on your PC or phone and add to your contact list. This feature works best with US English-based business cards right now.
(Update on November 2014)
- Images are processed faster, especially on budget devices.