Chess Free provides a rich and challenging experience of this classic board game, all within the confines of your Android smart-phone.
- Fixes bug with auto-rotation on tablets, which could ignore system locked rotation setting
- Fixes bugs related to the widget
- other small fixes
– 10 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
– Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft’s MSN Chess). This has a unique “human-like” style.
– “Show CPU Thinking” option
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
– Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
– 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
– 4 Chess Boards and 4 Chess Piece Sets
– Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
– Load/Save game files & PGN Export
– Designed for both Tablet and Phone
– Full Touch screen and trackball support
– Support for latest Android 3.X and 4.X action bar for options and menu access
Supported by unobtrusive Ads.
*Note: Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to SD card.*