You need to have a Lync account already to use this app. Also, some functionality might require an update to Lync Server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.Lync 2013 for Android extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- Tablet support (excludes Tegra2 based devices)
- Add participants into an ongoing conversation (IM or Lync Meeting)
- Start an ad-hoc group conversation
- Security improvements through tightened SSL validation. If you have trouble logging in, please notify your Lync Administrator and suggest that they visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2965499.
- Bug fixes
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, voice or video call.
- Connect to Lync Meetings with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Forward or simultaneously ring calls to your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number so you’ll never miss a call.
- Lync 2013 for Android provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.